My weblog work journal. »Archives »Links
Bullet Point Updates
I’ve had a lot of random crap going on that is making me hard to focus on any one subject to post on, so I’m going to do a virtual drive-by of content here:
- Yes, Virginia, Golden Boy is getting published. I’m actually working on an alternative cover for it. Everyone loves the cover, but Dean of Krypton, being the savvy and experienced retailer that he is, mentioned that it may help orders to see the character(s) on the cover. Remember, a cover can be a good preview of what you’re in for if you purchase the book (as a consumer). While the current cover is striking and well-designed, you don’t really get a sense of what it is about necessarily. Point taken, and agreed upon with Markosia. Thus, new cover…
- Vox is like LiveJournal for people who already have their own website/blog it seems. I’ve found it to be a great place to dump private thoughts, stupid anecdotes, and even pictures of my dogs. Six Apart has really outdone themselves on this service; I have quite a bit of fun posting on my account.
- Google Spreadsheets is kind of lame, but it is in beta still, so I don’t want to be too critical. Zoho Sheet on the other hand is darn nice (minus the timeout issues – I’d like to be able to keep my spreadsheet open all day). I’m building a job list for my team that we can share online with others. We take care of the project management and communication issues with Basecamp, but it is hard to show an overall picture of what we’re working on with that tool as of now.
- I know, I know. There is no Pinup yet for August. I’m getting a little bored with them, you know? They are popular though, and I like having something free that people like. Free can be valuable. Free doesn’t pay the mortgage though, so the Pinups sometimes get bumped down the list a bit.
- Yes, I’m still trying to get to a Quick Step mini-comic. It’s coming, I promise!
- To all who have been concerned: I’m almost all caught up with Project Runway. I missed just about every episode this season. I think I have a couple of the early ones still to catch, but I watched last night’s and I’m up to speed. I’m all about Laura, Kayne, and Michael: those are my top three predictions thus far.
- God, is it Friday yet?
- I’m so dead when I have to ride 44 miles for the Corporate Cycling Challenge this weekend. I’ve been on one ride this week (15 miles). DEAD!
You can also browse through the Parlor archives.