I’ve been building a site for the Statistics in a development area, getting it ready to roll out. I’ve been using it as an excuse to learn PHP finally, which has been an awesome experience so far. It is starting to turn the light bulb on in my head, which I need in order to keep doing it. Also, the band wanted a blog, so I thought I would give Movable Type a try. Wow. I hate to admit it, but it was easier to install than I gave it credit for. The whole thing just works. Ben and I just sat back amazed that it ran after a minor hiccup. Plus, bonus karma was given when I was able to integrate Movable Type with the PHP code I’ve already written. I can see why so many people love it. This was a perfect capper to what had been a thoroughly enjoyable experience from start to finish…
...until yesterday when I checked it in IE Windows.
Weird gaps and spacing issues appeared all over, especially in the content areas. This is my biggest headache with web design, and it has been talked about ad naseum elsewhere, but for crying out loud, that thing can’t render anything right. I knew right away that it was the lack of the Box Model Hack in the CSS (and knew how to fix it quickly), but it was the pee in my Wheaties that I really didn’t need.
At least I had an easier time than Bowman did.
You can also browse through the Parlor archives.
Keep up to date with my email newsletter. Newsletters are sent at least quarterly.
Stay up to date with my Feed in your favorite newsreader!
Check out who is linking to me with my Technorati Profile.