My weblog work journal. »Archives »Links
LinkBlog For Life
- The new Roots album is insane with goodness. Jay-Z as Def Jam’s new president is a good thing if we get more music like this.
- Anyone buy TV seasons on iTunes yet? I know the resolution got bumped up to 640×480, but haven’t paid much attention to that section of the iTunes store…
- Speaking of TV, why isn’t Studio 60 on iTunes yet – I have yoga on Monday’s and no Tivo, dammit (holding out for iTV).
- Not that it matters much because I found both seasons of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia last night, so I’ll find out soon how cool iTunes shows are.
- Speaking of yoga, last night was my first class in three months. I was out of shape, but thankfully no one else showed up. I basically got a private session from the man. Did my first handstand in a long time, and once I was up I realized how much I missed it. Feel great today.
- How come yoga is almost exclusively marketed to women? Looking your way, Rodale Press…
- I’m trying out the Cahier pocket notebooks instead of the small Moleskine notebooks for a change, mainly because I thought they were a bit bulky in my pants pockets and didn’t have enough room to really get any writing done. So, the Cahier is for notes and lists, the large ruled Moleskine is for my journal. I got inspired to start one again once I found my college journal (oh how I was tormented/lame, but it was still fun to read through).
- Reading Lance Armstrong’s War because I want to know more about this crazy thing called the Tour de France (or at least fill in the gaps) and just got the chapter where the author attempts to explain how insane Floyd Landis is. Not bat shit insane; tough as nails insane. In high school, he decided to ride 500 miles a week because that is what he heard the pros did. The pros did it on pro bikes; he trained on beater with a steel frame until 2 in the morning, all seasons. This year’s controversy makes me sad all the more.
- I’m also reading Moby Dick by email (252 chunks) via The Daily Lit. I love this site: well designed with a great service.
- People ask me how the new job is going. Let me tell you: they just announced over the intercom speaker that today was International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Then they played a pirate song.
You can also browse through the Parlor archives.