My weblog work journal. »Archives »Links
Looks Like A Case Of The Monday Linkblogs
- Ben updated his blog. That made me really happy this morning.
- First mow of the year yesterday – just to even things out. Threw down the fertilizer and crabgrass preventer. Something about the first mow is just so damn satisfying.
- But now it is getting cold this week. Which I’m okay with; I like the cold. But I bought a pair of shoe covers tonight because I’m tired of my feet getting cold on longer rides. Wool socks just don’t cut it in 30° weather.
- When I’m in all my cold weather cycling gear, I kind of look like the Ben Riley/Scarlet Spider, except with a dorky helmet. So, more like the Special Scarlet Spider.
- I’m probably going to have to draw this out, because my digital camera is broken. Who wants a Max in cycling gear?
- Speaking of seeing weird stuff, I watched Delicatessen for the first time. It only took me 16 years to get around to it. Worth the wait. It is hilarious and I will be purchasing it soon. Because, you know, the apocolypse looks like 1950’s France.
- That got me thinking of the proposed Watchmen movie, and how it is the future of an alternate 1986. Follow me: what if I took this story I’ve been working on in my head and set it in an alternate time/future scenario? And then don’t even explain it? I’ve been thinking too linear on it, and that is my hang-up.
- Quick Step got mad props from Johanna. This also made me happy.
- I want a new tattoo. Something with color (I have a lot of black/tribal work already). Suggestions?
- BTW, I don’t have a tribal barb wire around my arm. That bugs me.
- You know what else bugs me? The Miller Lite Man Law thing. Is there a bigger bunch of douche bags? Burt Reynolds?!? With that rug?!?. Eddie Griffin, the douche bag who just wreaked his Ferarri “worth 1.2 million dollars” Enzo? No thanks. My man law table would consist of the likes of Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, and Wilt Chamberlain. They would talk, I would listen.
You can also browse through the Parlor archives.