My weblog work journal. »Archives »Links
Revenge of Linkblogging
- Design Observer (my favorite design blog) starts with how ugly Google’s logo and homepage is (the usual), gets to where that isn’t a bad thing (a minority view), and ends with the logo being “a symbol of strength in a world in which graphic designers have become the agents of conformity.” Damn. This commenter phrased it best: “Black rimmed glasses everywhere just got a little steamed.”
- Project Rooftop is a continuation of the Batgirl meme which got every cartoonist online in such a nerd boner frenzy. Basically, you redesign your favorite hero’s costume. Look through the Batgirl variations: some are good, most are just stupid. Project Rooftop has guidelines and standards at least; so far the two redesigns up there are cool.
- Speaking of nerd boner frenzy, Achewood’s Great Outdoor Fight storyline has me and Ben sending lines to each other via IM daily. Websnark has had some great bloggage on this, possibly the most awesome Achewood story evar.
- PerryEllis.com is featuring a comic by Adrian Tomine ( Optical Nerve and the most excellent Summer Blonde). The Beat has more information.
- Reading through the comments in this Joey Manley column makes me wonder if staying as an “agent of conformity” exclusively would be such a bad thing.
- Did you know I’m selling Pinup Prints now? Buy a print, make Max happy! Seriously, it’s tax time people. I deserve some happiness, yes?
You can also browse through the Parlor archives.